Sunday, August 3, 2008

I'm a winner!

Yay!! Today I took 1st Place in my Age Group in a triathlon for the first time--1st out of 62 racers and most of those were from the competitive Austin/San Antonio crew! So, needless to say, I'm pretty thrilled. The details of my race report are on BT, click here if you'd like to read the nitty gritty: Race Report. I'll give you the nutshell version-

It was a 500m swim, 13.8 mile bike, 3 mile run.

62 in age group, 799 total finishers, I was 1/62 for AG and 67/799 overall.
Swim: 9:27 (1:53/100m pace)--that fit my goal of a 1:50-1:55 pace; 10th in AG
T1: 1:30 (major improvement for me, top 3 in AG)

Bike: 39:41 (20.9 mph avg)--my goal was 20mph+, TOTALLY ACCOMPLISHED, 1st in AG. This was a passing fest for me. I passed countless riders and was passed by NO ONE. And I LOVE my new wheels!
Run: 22:22 (7:27 min/mile)-- my goal was 7:15-7:30, so accomplished. I can run this faster...need to slim down back to where I was marathon. Still very happy. (4th in AG)


So, podiumed for my AG, 7th woman overall, and 5 of those women were the "elites" in the open wave, and the other was about 10-15 secs ahead of me and in the 20-24 AG.
This was a "C" race for me, and I was going to go all out hard, cause that's what you do in a sprint, and I was coming off a 40 mile bike ride on Saturday (but I'm very comfortable with that distance now). So, couldn't be happier--learned more about racing, which happens every time. Also got a medal for 1st and a sweet organic coffee set: 2 mugs and 3 lbs of coffee! Jack and Adam's put on a great race, and I'm excited about the Austin Olympic Tri that they put on come Labor Day! So, that completes my 3 tri's (HIM, Olympic, Sprint) in approx a month time frame...no more tri's till Labor day, but LOTS of training--big volume month for me!

8 comments:

Jessica, a Austin Runner AND triathlete said...

congrats...maybe some of your speed will rub off on me:)

see you at the Austin Tri in less than a month!

ShirleyPerly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Great work out there. I think you've done more tris in a month than I have in a year!

Kathleen said...

Wow, that's great!!! You are so ready for Longhorn!

melissa said...

Look at them skinny legs! HOTNESS! Congrats, Britt!

Flatman said...

Fast, fast, fast!!! Congrats....

Stef said...

BRITT!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Wow what a great race -- of course those are some smokin' times! So so happy for you and I covet your first place prize (love coffee so much).

Be proud girl you are rocking the tri world!!!!

April Drolet said...

Brittany.....
Happy, happy 28th birthday to you. my friend! I miss you and love you!
April

Colleen said...

WOW! Fantastic! Congrats and what a great prize... coffee and a medal!!!