Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Time is getting close, need some motivation

So, the time is nearing for me to really take care of some essential issues necessary to transitioning out the military and to the civilian world. I need to prepare my house to go on the market, get my car fixed (got hit twice in January--vehicle is drivable, but I have the insurance money, just need to do it), work on my interview/job search prep, and provide the Army with some paperwork necessary to get my final orders cut. I'm doing it piece by piece, but I'm struggling to get fully motivated to do it, and I'm not sure why as I'm excited about the outcome. I'm buckling down this week though...I just have to do some of it and I'll be good. Once the momentum is going, I'll be going, just like on the bike during the race: when I wanted to pass someone and went faster to do so, I held that speed for quite a while.

I can't believe it's April! I have less than 4 months of active duty left, oh my! The hard part for me is NOT KNOWING what I'll be doing. Once I interview in June I'll then have choices and a say, but wow, this waiting and not being able to do things like plan and committ to triathlons, etc. is nearly driving me crazy. I know this is a chance for me to be learning patience, and I am learning (I have no choice) but that doesn't mean it is comfortable! Reminds me of the childhood song from Music Machine: "Have patience, have patience, don't be in such a hurry, when you get impatient, you only start to worry...remember, remember, that God has patience too..."

No comments: