Friday, April 18, 2008

Travels and Structure

So, I’m traveling right now to California to visit my little sister by two years. She is a journalist out there for a newspaper and just got a promotion to media position that will completely make her more marketable in this day and age of electronic/online journalism. She also is going to become a Mommy in November and I’ll become an Aunt. Her baby will be the first one for us kiddos. Anyhow, I’m headed that way now to spend then weekend and then I’m headed across the country to participate in a conference at West Point where I’ll be part of a group of mentors for cadets in the senior class there that is about graduate. So, yes, I’m busy…but I’m also sitting here on a plane right now and that isn’t busy so I’m working on some blog posts. I decided I needed some more “structure” to these entries, at least a basic 7 day format, so here is what I think I’m going to try and do:
Monday: Inspiration Monday- quotable quotes, things that inspire me, etc.Tuesday: Triathlon Tuesday- yes, this is my new non-work related passion, so this will be the triathlon focused day…not that it won’t creep in on the other days, but this is my day to throw it out there.Wednesday: Recipe Wednesday- I’ll try and post some fun recipe I enjoy, I’ve tried, or am going to try because I really enjoy cooking, and am always experimenting with new, healthy recipes, etc.Thursday: Leadership Thursday- This is my life passion: studying, mentoring, and helping develop leaders in every way of life with schools, churches, universities, business, civic organizations, etc. So, I will write about what I’m learning, what I think, what I’ve read from others, etc. Friday: Funny Friday- It’s the end of the week, we all need a laugh at this point!Saturday: Sports Saturday- chances are I’ll be racing, I’ll have friends racing, or some other big sporting event will be going on, so I’ll write about it here. Sunday: Spirit Sunday- my faith is the cornerstone of who I am, what better day than Sunday to share what God is doing in my life and what I’m learning in my faith.
So, that’s the plan. Being said, it’s Friday, so what’s funny this Friday, it’s more of an infamous joke that our family has told throughout time, and it’s really dumb, but you have to admit it is funny!Q: How do you catch a polar bear?A: You go out on the ice, cut a big hole, put a pea on the side of the hole. That way, when the polar bear goes to take a pea, you kick him in the ice hole.
*Ducking to avoid the tomatoes*

1 comment:

April Drolet said...

What?? I had no idea Hilary is having a baby.But I guess she's only a few weeks..Wow, I need to get her info so I can call her.
Love you!