Friday, May 9, 2008

Weekends

Weekends are great, especially when they finally get here. Work was not intensive today at all, except for my fight with the SIPR (secret) computer. It is SO SLOW that I have to mentally prep myself before I go through the 5 million steps to just get it started and then it takes me 30 mins plus to perform actions that on a functioning computer would take 5. So, once that task was done, I didn't have too much on my plate. Our AC is broken, so it was a constant sweat fest, but thankfully when you wear ACUs it's no huge deal cause you're not messing up some nice business wear. I will say that I definitely am glad I don't have to worry about what to wear everyday. We did have a farewell luncheon as we bid my friend Chris adios as he headed over to the 1st Cav (just across post). Thankfully we had a fair trade in that the Major that replaced him is a great officer as well. We ate a Korean Buffett in town that has yummy sushi! So, I had my share of that!

Tomorrow is the Armadillo Hill Country Classic in Liberty Hill, so no sleep in Saturday for me! It'll be my first "Metric Century" or 100K/62miles. It'll be somewhat hilly, so that'll be good training for 56 miles at BSLT next month. I also got in a good 20 mile ride today with a quick mile run right aftewards. It was nice and clear then, but we actually have thunder/lightening/rain right now. It'll be gone tomorrow, just humid. I'm giving my custom "Infinit" blend its first trial run tomorrow. I've got big hopes for it, because if I can use it for all my calories on the bike it will make things very easy come racing. Tomorrow night is a "toast" to the wedding girl for one of my best friends getting married here in two weeks (I'm a Bridesmaid!!), so that'll be fun too...then it's SHOPPING in SAN MARCOS on Sunday! :) I do need some clothing, let's hope some good Mother's Day sales pay off!

Because I have promised something Funny on Fridays, here is last Sunday's Pearls Before Swine comic strip...the crocs are always trying to eat the Zebras, but they are really horrid at it...if you've ever read them before you'll know they are HILARIOUS! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

No comments: