Thursday, July 3, 2008

Funny story to follow

I have a funny story and some great (I think) nutrition information to post--and I will do that later tonight I think. My wonderful parents (and no, I don't just write that because they read this) came to visit last night and hauled my new, Amish custom hand-made dining room table all the way from Houston, and are now helping me with a lot of projects. Granted, my Mom also broke the passenger window on the Explorer (not broke, but she put it down and it fell of track, or something like that), so along with the brakes, I'll be getting that fixed on Saturday (since she's helping me work, I'll forgive her for this one...) too since they have a vehicle. So far today we've spent lots of money--I bought a weed-eater and a bunch of plants and soil, thus yard work is next on the agenda. Dad helped (okay, he did all of it) mount a ceiling fan in my guest bedroom--so those of you that visit now you won't roast in the front room. Still on the agenda is painting two walls in my bedroom, painting the guest bathroom (won't take much), and the aforementioned yard work. Tomorrow morning we shall all be doing the Ft. Hood Freedom Fest 5k...I will run, they will walk. I'm interested to see how my legs do after this last weekend. I have been good in recovery and have done nothing more than an easy 2.1 mile run. I am not sore (minus my big toe-- I start up with my new Half-Iron training program on Monday and am going to make some of the long run days just a little longer and training for the inagural San Antonio Rock and Roll Marathon as well. The marathon will make me do the long runs for the Longhorn Half-Ironman (HIM) and make the HIM just that much better. It is apparent that my running endurance was not up to par at Buffalo Springs (where I know it can be) and I intend to fix that. That, finding what my HIM weaknesses were, was exactly why I did Buffalo Springs. Okay, I should go help with the yardwork and put on nasty yard work clothes. A boyfriend/husband would really make this so much easier...I would cook and clean the inside of the house...

1 comment:

ShirleyPerly said...

Haha, unless you're like me and happen to find someone who shouldn't be out in the sun much due to precancerous skin growths ...