Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!

Happy Independence Day everyone! I hope you all get to spend some time with family and friends and reflect in the great past that our country has. We have much to be proud of, and we have much work left to do. It is imperative that all of us invest ourselves, not just in ourselves, but in our country. Take the time to lead, to inspire, to mentor, to vote, to study history so we are not destined to repeat it. Greatness has marked our short history, and if we hope for greatness in the future, we must invest ourselves in it today. This year, as an election year, gives us that opportunity. Know the issues, know the candidates, know what you believe, and vote that.

I know I promised a funny story, and I'll tell it later. :) It's about kids, me, and a grocery store. Not hilarious, but still kind of funny. I'll also post some pictures from today's Freedom Fest 5K that my parents and I did today at Ft. Hood. I placed 1st in my AG (but it's not chip time and they lost my time, but oh well, no biggie--free race) and 3rd woman overall--not bad for tired legs after the Buffalo Springs last week! Both my parents went faster than they thought and ran the last stretch. I was proud of them! It is apparent, from conversation, that my competitive sides comes from both of them! :)

Enjoy your 4th of July and your Freedom!

1 comment:

ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, CONGRATS! And I think it's great that both your parents run too. What a fun way to spend the 4th together.