Monday, October 13, 2008

Life is...

Life is moving quickly, as always. This past week FLEW by...and thankfully ended with a wonderful 4-day weekend. I took a much needed recovery week this past week. I did nothing on Monday; Tuesday was some general strength exercises at unit PT--nothing crazy; Wed was a slow 3 mile run; Thursday I walked the dogs; Friday I rode my bike for 45 minutes; Saturday I rode for 1.5 hours at a good clip; Sunday I ran for an hour...none of it pushed me hard except for the Saturday ride, but that was good and I didn't have any soreness from it. I'm putting together my plan for maintaining up till the San Antonio 1/2 Marathon...then in DEC I'm going to start working with a coach to get through the 2009 season. Lots I could say on that, but I'll leave it for another time.

Now that it is the "off season" I am focusing on nutrition. BT has a nutrition log, so I'm logging calories. I can get faster by trimming down, and I'm going to do my best to be diligent with that. It's difficult to lose fat during heavy training cause you have to eat to keep up your energy...so now is the time to do this. So, there is one off-season goal.

I am also reading some more. Of big importance, back in Aug/Sept I finally found a church to call my church home and it does have a singles group that seems to get it...so I finally have some people to hang out with here locally that don't think throwing back the bottle is the best way to spend a weekend.

So, nothing exciting to report really. Had a good, relaxing weekend. Thankfully, it's a 4-day work week. Right now I'm just VERY excited about going to volunteer at Ironman Florida at the end of the month and get a little taste of what next year will hold...

6 comments:

Stef0115 said...

Glad you are having some down time. That's cool about getting a coach too. Can't wait to follow your 09 season.

JT said...

I'm tracking my diet again. I think I gained a couple pounds towards the end of Longhorn training! I figured its easier & safer to over eat a bit than under eat :-)

ShirleyPerly said...

You seem to be always moving ahead, even on your slower weeks! Look forward to hearing who you choose as your coach. And cool you've found some new friends to hang out with. I'll bet you inspire some of them to take up more active lifestyles :-)

kris said...

I'm a BTer (flomomango) and I wanted to say I appreciated your comments on jeepfleeb's BT entry the other day. I have a hard time putting into words my feelings when someone busts out a hot opinion like that bc my faith is a personal, emotional "thing" to me...I get too sappy. You did a great job speaking your mind in an eloquent way...well done. I just had to tell you that bc I suspect your faith is the foundation of your life like mine is. Anyway...I suspect I'll see a comment posted soon from my hubby (mtmoi) as he is very "in" to apologetics and loves dialogs like this one. Interesting topic Jeep opened up, eh? I'm going to bookmark you...oh, and come visit my blog when you can: www.krisdmurphy.typepad.com.

kris said...

OH - and congrats on longhorn! i was registered for relay (swim/bike legs) and set to come and somehow got SHINGLES 3 days before...it was awful. But my brother and bro-in-law were there. Hope you had some PRs...

melissa said...

Yay! I'm glad to hear that you have a church and a cool singles group you like. That is really, really important.

OF COURSE...you know, I certainly do advocate throwing back at least part of the bottle now and then. Antioxidants, you know.

But I will admit that now that I am back in better shape, I do drink much less :)