Friday, April 17, 2009

Stand down...

Okay, so the run yesterday was a victory, but I was told to stand down on it today. I got a phone call with the results of my bone scan, and I do in fact have/had a stress fracture on the upper part of my right fibula. What caused it, we're not sure, but the bike fall was probably the catalyst. Anyhow, my provider said coming back usually takes 6 weeks, and I'm at about 4 weeks since the incident occurred, so hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be back going, but must not run till I'm given the green light. He said that pain level is a huge indication of healing, so the fact that yesterday's short little jaunt had no pain is a GOOD indication of healing. So, when I get home from my trip to NY it's back to swimming, biking, and aqua jogging. Must make sure I heal up properly so I can do Ironman training and racing with NO problem! Back to healing...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That stinks!! I hope it heals quickly!!

ShirleyPerly said...

Bummer ... but at least you now know what you're dealing with. You still have plenty of time and I'm sure you'll use this running downtime to excel at other things. Best of luck with the healing!

Unknown said...

Injuries are the worst, but you sound like you are on the road to recovery! Don't speed down that road with wild abondonment! :) Time will heal you!